Good afternoon, everyone!
A while ago, I re-posted a picture to my Instagram story, one that mentions what it feels like (or can feel like) when you’re depressed.
My loving sister shot me a private message, asking me if I was doing OK or if the information was just that, informational.
I responded with yes, the information was just informational.
In my adult life, it feels like my depression has sometimes become worse than it was when I was younger. But, with the help of medications and support, I am doing so much better!
Here are 30 amazing things about being 30, in no particular order.
30 Amazing Things about being 30
- I’m the daughter of three teachers: my (retired) mom who taught Kindergarten for many, many years; my (was-retired) dad who back to teaching at the new high-school in our town; & my sister, who is wrapping up her very-first-ever year teaching near Morris, MN.
- I’ve got an incredible support system surrounding me: my family, my close friends, my friendly co-workers & bosses, my boyfriend Rory, his family, & my two Golden Girl Retrievers Bentley & Charlie.
- After having had a bowel blockage in March, & undergoing surgery, I’m very glad that my body is functioning like it used to.
- I’ve turned 30 years old! While it might seem scary to some, boring to others, I’m proud of this landmark age in my life.
- There’s never a moment where I think, Self, you’ve definitely got ENOUGH books. (There’s always more books to be read, books to be discovered, & books to be re-read, let me tell you.)
- Blue October is slowly starting to tour again! (Mostly in their home state, Texas, though. Please come back to Minnesota and First Ave!!)
- There’s the possibility that we might take a family vaca to Colorado this year. We didn’t get to go last year, for obvious reasons.
- More people are getting vaccinated!
- I’m fully vaccinated! (Yay!)
- Everyone in my family (& Rory’s family) are doing well & staying healthy.
- I can’t wait for the third season of The Umbrella Academy to come out! (Same for Rick & Morty season 5, the movie version of Dear Evan Hansen, & In the Heights. I also really watch more of My Hero Academia & I wanna see Raya & The Last Dragon.)
- Cute baby & puppy videos make me laugh & go “aww” at the same time.
- I bought new yarn & am gonna start (finally) making a scarf for my good friend Alex Hoyt.
- Yesterday, I got a haircut & went with a cute bob.
- It’s always nice to see people that I know personally or just from seeing them go through my check-out lane so often at work. (I cashier at Target.)
- I started reading Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau. It’s good so far!
- I’m going to go see Rory! I’m very excited.
- Family time is important to me. I try to hang out with my parents and sister more, & I’m still working on this, to be honest.
- The weather is getting nicer!
- I’ve got plenty of books to read, card games to play, & a new novel to write.
- I love seeing Charlie girl grow up. She’s the sweetest puppy!
- It’s now T-shirt & shorts weather! Whooo!
- Spring cleaning is a thing. That reminds me, I need to clean my desk. *laughs*
- Driving places is more fun, because you can see all the greenery.
- Dear Evan Hansen is being made into a movie!
- I get to hang out with my friends!
- I’m slowly getting back into my bullet journaling after letting it fall to the wayside. (For the month of June, I cut out the habit trackers that I had in April. I already use apps that are more efficient at keeping track of my moods. I also date when I write just for my personal records, and use Bookly to track how long I read.)
- I recently bought Shadow & Bone, as well as Six of Crows. Reading the books will enhance my Shadow & Bone watching experience with Abbie.
- Looks like I’ll get every-other weekend off, so it’ll be easier to plan when to go visit Rory in the coming months.
- All in all, I’m having a great time being 30!
Thanks for reading,