Hello there! My name is Meghan B. Welcome to The Nerdy Nook, a place that’s much like a book nook. This is a safe space for everyone who comes here, a place where you can connect with me and be yourself. This is mostly a book blog, but I write about music I listen to, films I love, stuff I’m knitting, plays I’ve seen, and occasionally post poems and personal thoughts.
The Nerdy Nook is my second, but official, blog. My very first blog is still up for viewing purposes; my first blog–On the Prairie–catalogs my attempts at figuring out how to blog. In learning how to blog, I wrote about the books I was reading, my life in college, and other topics that interested me, like my favorite music.
In short, I want to share my passions with people.
Thus The Nerdy Nook was born.
This second blog is a perfect place for me to exercise my writing skills, to write about what interests me, and to reach out to people while making connections with others.
Note: I also happily accept any awards that people might happen to send my way.
Past awards from On the Prairie:
- Versatile Blogger (awarded January 2015)
- Liebster (awarded February 2015)
- Sisterhood of the World (awarded May 2015)
- I’m a proud Minnesotan, the land of 10,000 lakes (I do occasionally eat hot dish, we get lots of snow, and of course there’s the very real long Minnesotan goodbye that takes place when I visit my cousins or grandparents)
- my favorite color is blue, all shades of blue
- I love to write, and enjoy writing novels in fantasy or sci-fi worlds. I also write free-verse poetry
- I love finding poetry out in the “wild,” in the everyday world we live in (poetry–for me–can be found in music, in books, in everyday conversations…)
- I love to go hiking in the mountains, especially in Colorado
- I graduated with my BA in English from the University of Minnesota, Morris in 2015
- I’ve got way too many fandoms to count, so here’s my short top list: Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Mindhunter, Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, & Supernatural
- my dream job? Writing creatively for a company
- my all-time favorite band is Blue October, an alternative rock group based out of Texas
Thanks for reading!
Happy blogging, everyone!
~ Meghan B. 2020